I am involved with various forms of social media such as this website, Twitter, and Facebook just to name a few. My involvement in these and other forums serves to provide general information, education and support. While I do enjoy the interaction that these sites provide, please be aware of the following:
- Any information or link provided is meant for general information and should not be considered as specific medical advice. No patient-physician relationship is formed or implied by on-line contact. In-office consultation is required for specific medical advice. No post or comment should substitute for advice from your personal physician.
- While I am an employee of UCLA Health, the views expressed on this website of my own, and may not reflect the views of UCLA Health.
- Twitter, Facebook, blog sites, and other forms of social media are public and searchable. None of these forums are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and I will not respond to existing patient questions via these non-secure sites. Electronic mail and text messaging are also not compliant with HIPAA. Existing patients may contact me via office phone number 818-333-2555 or through the UCLA MyChart Patient Portal. For emergency contact outside of normal office hours, my answering service, available at the office phone number, should be utilized. Questions may also be faxed to 818-333-2559. Faxes and MyChart communications will only be answered during normal business hours.
- Reposting or retweeting a link or other information is not an endorsement. It might be that I feel the post or comment is interesting or amusing, or I want to spark additional conversation.
- I reserve the right to delete any posts or block any users from my sites for any reason.
Dr. Attai does not provide online medical advice.