Terms and Conditions
Effective Date 25 June 2019
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT TO BE USED TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION AND IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. MEDICAL ADVICE, INCLUDING THINGS LIKE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT CONSULTATION COMES FROM YOUR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN OR HOSPITAL. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL ISSUE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR. IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE APPROPRIATENESS AND ACCURACY OF YOUR HEALTHCARE.THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT AS MEDICAL ADVICE. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Dr. Deanna J. Attai will not answer medical questions or provide appointments or advice through this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For personal medical advice, contact your personal physician.
This website does not reflect the views of the University of Southern California Los Angeles or the David Geffen School of Medicine.
You acknowledge that all Website trademarks, logos and images and information on this Website are owned by or licensed to Dr. Deanna J. Attai, and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and that you have no rights to transfer or reproduce the Website or prepare any derivative works. Under no circumstances will you be deemed to receive title to any portion of the Website, title to which at all times will vest exclusively in Dr. Deanna J. Attai.
Use of the Website:
The Website (including without limitation, any content, documents or other information made available via the Website) is provided only for your own informational purposes. Any unauthorized use, including without limitation, any commercial use, is expressly prohibited.
You may not use the Website to:
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, intimidating, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, derogatory, vulgar, explicit, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, disrespectful, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Website;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have the right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or worms or any other computer code, files or programs designed to disable, interrupt, destroy, redirect, monitor another user’s usage, limit or otherwise inhibit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- Harvest, scrape, programmatically crall, or collect any information from the Website; or
- Impersonates any person or entity, including Dr. Deanna J. Attai or her representatives.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS-AVAILABLE,’ WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THESE TERMS ARE NOT A CONTRACT FOR SALE, AND THIS WEBSITE IS NOT A “GOOD” WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE. INSTEAD, THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR FREE. DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, OR TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND YOU AGREE THAT DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, OR OTHER INCIDENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING EXEMPLARY AND PUNITIVE, OF ANY KIND OR NATURE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI OR DR. DEANNA J. ATTAI’S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ORALLY OR IN WRITING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You shall indemnify and defend to the fullest extent Dr. Deanna J. Attai and hold Dr. Deanna J. Attai harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, deficiencies, liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your (i) use of the Website; or (ii) breach of any of your obligations, representations or warranties in these Terms.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Dr. Deanna J. Attai does not warrant that any of the materials on the Website are accurate, complete or current. Dr. Deanna J. Attai may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time in her sole discretion, without notice. However, Dr. Deanna Attai does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Dr. Deanna J. Attai has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Dr. Deanna J. Attai of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Dr. Attai makes no representation that the content of this Website is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such content is illegal. If you access the Website from outside of the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Dr. Deanna J. Attai is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
All material on the Website, without limitation, is protected by U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. In order to request permission to reprint any material on the Website (outside of personal, non-commercial use), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking to the Website
You may link to the Website, but the link must be in plain text and may not damage, dilute or tarnish the reputation of Dr. Deanna J. Attai, nor may the link create the false appearance that your web site or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated with or associated with Dr. Deanna J. Attai, and you may not ‘frame’ the Website. You may not link to the Website from any web site that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, that promotes violence or illegal acts or that is otherwise inappropriate in Dr. Deanna J. Attai’s sole discretion. Dr. Deanna J. Attai reserves the right, in her sole discretion, to terminate any link from any website.
Social Media Policy
In addition to this Website, Dr. Deanna J. Attaiis active on various forms of social media, including Twitter, Facebook and others. Involvement in these and other forums serves to provide general information, education and support. Please note:
- Any information or link on this Website or on social media is meant for general information and should not be considered as medical advice. No patient-physician relationship is formed or implied by on-line contact. In-office consultation is required for specific medical advice. No post or comment should substitute for advice from your personal physician.
- Twitter, Facebook, blog sites, and other forms of social media are public and searchable. None of these forums are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Dr. Deanna J. Attai will not respond to existing patient questions using these non-secure sites.
- Reposting or retweeting a link or other information is not an endorsement.
- Deanna J. Attai reserves the right to delete any posts or block any users from my sites for any reason.
Medical advice will not be provided outside of an in-person office visit. Existing patients should contact Dr. Attai using the UCLA Health MyChart patient portal, or by calling 818-333-2555 during regular business hours. Patients interested in a consultation with Dr. Attai should contact 818-333-2555 during regular business hours.
Non-medical contact: email@example.com