15 October 2019
Mastectomy (breast removal) rates continue to increase in the US. While reconstructive surgery is commonly performed after mastectomy, some patients opt to “go flat” or have no reconstruction. Some patients who have had reconstruction need to or choose to have the reconstruction reversed.
The aim of this study is to survey the “Going Flat” patient communities to assess patient satisfaction with their decision and results.
This survey is being conducted for research purposes. It is a UCLA research survey.
Patients should meet one of the following criteria to participate:
- Single or double mastectomy for any reason (including if lumpectomy was performed first) and decided not to have reconstruction (decided to “go flat”)
- Single or double mastectomy for any reason (including if lumpectomy was performed first), initially had reconstruction but then had reconstruction reversed or removed for any reason
This survey is voluntary and is completely anonymous. No identifying information, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, will be collected. There is no industry funding or sponsor for this survey. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. We value your time and your opinions. The anonymous data will be securely stored by the principal investigator and may be used for future research studies.
To participate in the survey, please click this link or cut and paste it into your web browser: https://uclahs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7UPj6wVtZev9UGx
For questions regarding this study, you may contact principal investigator Dr. Deanna Attai
- By phone: (818) 333-2555
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: 191 S. Buena Vista #415 Burbank, CA 91505
UCLA Office of the Human Research Protection Program (OHRPP):
If you have questions about your rights as a research subject, or if you have concerns or suggestions and you want to talk to someone other than the researchers, you may contact the UCLA OHRPP
- By phone: (310) 206-2040
- By email: email@example.com
- Or by mail: Box 951406, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1406