I am involved in various forms of social media such as this website, Twitter, and Facebook just to name a few. My involvement in these and other forums serves to provide general information, education and support. While I do enjoy the interaction that these sites provide, please be aware of the following:
- Any information or link is provided for general information and not specific medical advice for you. No physician-patient relationship is formed or implied by on-line contact. I cannot and will not provide specific medical advice if you are not an existing patient – for that, in-office consultation is required. No post or comment should substitute for advice from your personal physician.
- While I am an employee of UCLA health, the views expressed on this website of my own, and may not reflect the views of UCLA Health.
- Existing patients should realize that Twitter, Facebook, blog sites, and other forms of social media are public and searchable. In addition, as I have many responsibilities during the course of the day, messages sent through one of these forums may not be read in a timely fashion. None of these forums are HIPAA compliant and I will not give out specific advice over these non-secure sites. E-mail is also not considered HIPAA compliant which is why I do not interact with my patients via email. Existing patients may contact me at any time using the office phone number 818-333-2555 or using the UCLA MyChart Patient Portal. For emergency contact outside of normal office hours, my answering service, available at the office phone number, will be able to contact me. You may also fax your questions to 818-333-2555. Faxes and MyChart communications will only be answered during normal business hours.
- Reposting or retweeting a link or other information is not an endorsement. It might be that I feel the post or comment is interesting or amusing, or I want to spark additional conversation.
- I reserve the right to delete any posts or block any users from my sites for any reason.
Dr. Attai does not provide online medical advice.